Louisville, KY: The McConnell Technology & Training Center (MTTC) is sponsoring a free seminar at Ft. Knox to introduce military families to information technology (IT) and computer technology careers, as well as basic information on how Montgomery GI Bill benefits can pay for IT career training. The event is co-sponsored by Accent Training and Webster University.
The “Using GI Bill Benefits to Launch an IT Career” seminar will:
- Identify the eight (8) types of potential IT career categories,
- Provide regional information about salaries and job possibilities,
- Provide an overview of Montgomery GI Bill benefits and how they can be applied to computer career training and certifications,
- Explain how participants can begin a career in Information Technology, and
- Help participants identify their IT talents and interests by providing a self-administered interest inventory.
Using GI Bill Benefits to Start a Computer Career will help career seekers discover if information technology careers are a viable option for them. The seminar is free but session space is limited. Reservations must be made through the MTTC. Please call or e-mail MTTC at (502) 367-2186, (888) 797-0931, or [email protected].